Northrop Grumman 2018 High School Intern Technical (Cyber Patriot) Software & Digital Technologies (SW) - Baltimore, MD in Baltimore, Maryland
2018 High School Intern Technical (Cyber Patriot) Software & Digital Technologies (SW) - Baltimore, MD
Requisition ID: 18010220
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Baltimore
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you’ll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts,
connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you’ll gain something even more valuable:
pride in what you’ve done. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups,
and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Cyber Patriot competition participants for an internship opportunity. This position will be
located at our Mission Systems Sector in Baltimore, MD.The qualified candidate will become part of Mission Systems Engineering Science and Technology supporting the Software and Digital Technologies business area.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Full life cycle product development on a variety of architectures and target hardware platforms
- Applications include real-time sensor control, target class/detect/tracking, data acquisition and analysis, digital signal
processing, networks and communications/security, intelligence data cross correlation, image processing, reverse
engineering, artificial intelligence, database management, GUI development, programmable logic device (PLD, CPLD,
EPLD, FPGA) design, application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design, and digital & mixed signal subsystem design
- Utilizing software engineering technologies such as Object Oriented Design/Programming, Client-Server Distributed
Architectures, Service Oriented Architectures, C/C , C#, Java, Java Enterprise Ediction, Embedded Real-time
Development, Database Design, Web Technologies, .NET, and the Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, and Mercury
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time in high school
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of
application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer 2018
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Must have participated in the Cyber Patriot Program
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of software development and model-driven engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tools (Arcsight and Splunk).
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: 2018 High School Intern Technical (Cyber Patriot) Software & Digital Technologies (SW) - Baltimore, MD
Requisition ID: 18010220