Merkle Inc. Technical Support - End User - Analyst in Columbia, Maryland
Merkle’s IT Service Desk and End User Services partners with the Merkle business to make technology an asset for customers and employees and provide effective and timely solutions to technological issues. As a part of this team, the Technical Support - End User – Analyst candidates will demonstrate the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work independently, assess incidents/requests, and apply the correct level of urgency to achieve a mutually accepted solution, all while providing exemplary customer service in support of Merkle’s technology vision. The Technical Support - End User – Analyst should have previous experience with technical support and a strong drive to learn new enterprise class technologies. *This position is night shift. *
Monitor and act on alerts received via corporate monitoring solution and system events
Triage server and network related events and ensure incidents are resolved within established SLA/OLA
Ensure that all requests are resolved on or before due date assigned
Perform tier 1 incident/request/problem management tasks
Ensures all equipment is properly maintained, service calls are placed in a timely manner and tracked
Assist with vendor management
Perform backups and restores related to end user and server requests
Provision/Decommission hardware (Laptops, Desktops, Macs and Servers) following documented SOPs
Act as “smart” hands for SME’s providing technical direction
Provision and Reclaim software from end user hardware
Utilize ticketing system(s) to document issues, communicate statuses, and resolution
Provide Tier1 Application support for data warehousing, job scheduling and ETL client solutions
Escalate issues as defined in documented escalation procedures
Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
Other duties as assigned
Measures of Success:
Maintain a high level of internal customer service.
Demonstrate the ability to learn and perform troubleshooting for servers and network hardware
Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members.
Positive recognition as noted on Employee and Customer satisfaction surveys.
Successfully resolve technical incidents/requests with high quality, escalating where appropriate.
Key Skills and Experience:
· College degree required
· 1 to 2 years of experience in a technology based customer service environment
· A+, MCSE, MCITP, CCNA Certifications preferred.
· Experience in a customer service environment preferred.
· Must be reliable related to schedule and recurring tasks
· This position requires the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
· Communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
· Superior telephone etiquette and the ability to deal effectively with end users, peers and management.
· Possess the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
· Make decisions and judgments based on standard procedures.
· Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to multi-task.
· Demonstrate PC proficiency using common software programs.
· Basic understanding of enterprise data center concepts (Windows, networking, server administration).
· Demonstrate the ability to learn new skills techniques and responsibilities.
· Flexibility to work non-standard work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Ability to lift boxes which weigh up to 70 pounds.
· Must be reliable related to schedule and recurring tasks.
Merkle** fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.