Lockheed Martin Administrative Assistant Specialist in Herndon, Virginia
- This position will be responsible for a full range of moderate to complex administrative work assignments supporting the SSC Military Space Advanced Program Development organization.
- This position will interface with program management and high level customers. This position will require multi-tasking effectively in a high paced environment, demonstrating initiative and tact in managing email, telephone calls and other requests.
- Long term responsibilities will include working in a SCIF and managing communication coordination and activities at both the classified and unclassified levels.
- Responsible for maintenance of calendars, arranging meetings and making travel arrangements. Ensures all correspondence is accurate, complete and properly handled. Utilize personal computer and standard software (MS Office Applications, SharePoint, Internet) to compose correspondence, spreadsheets and PowerPoint charts.
- Assures detail in tasks, provides updates and statuses delegated tasks to meet deadlines. Determines priorities in regards to non-routine situations, remedies commitments to maximize leaders efficiency.
- Performs additional assignments as required in support of the program executive staff.
- This position requires the ability to travel if needed.
Must have a Top Secret Clearance (current SSBI)
Basic Qualifications - The candidate must have proven experience applying critical thinking to tasks and calendar prioritization. - Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written. - Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff as well as external customers, clients and vendors. - The candidate will have advanced computer (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Lync) and advanced internet research skills. - Working knowledge of SharePoint sites to include: creation of folders, organization and navigation. - Experience using mobile technology to handle work issues outside of normal work hours. - Ability to coordinate complex domestic and international travel arrangements and complex expense reports. - Compose reports correspondence and memorandums, reviewing documents for appropriate grammar usage, answering questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures. - Demonstrated strong organization skills, initiative and a self-starter. - Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment, complete tasks on-time and with accuracy and attention to detail. - Project management skills and project coordination experience sufficient to work independently and execute projects with minimal supervision. - Must have the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion. - Candidate must have an active Top Secret (minimum) Clearance in order to be considered.
Desired skills - Working knowledge of Lockheed Martin policies and procedures. - U.S. Government DoD clearance.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Herndon Virginia