Kiewit Corporation Administrative Assistant in McLean, Virginia
Date: May 17, 2018
Location: McLean, VA, US
Requisition ID: 74864
Administrative Assistant Job Purpose:
Support Kiewit Building Group's Distirct Ofiice operations in McLean, VA. Duties include: maintaining office systems, supplies, and adminstrative support to executives. Directs and coordinates administrative services, which may include office clerical and support services, printing, mail distribution and messenger services, telecommunications, maintenance, purchasing, security, and coordination with office building management.
Administrative Assistant Job Duties:
• Responsible to perform administrative and clerical duites with and for executive level management
• Receptionist responsibilities at the office’s front desk
• Responsible for maintaining company vehicle regisrations and licenses
• Assist with proposal development and proofreading
• Maintains office operations by organizing office procedures
• Controlling office correspondence including regular mail, parcel pick up and delivery, and overnight mail service
• Designing filing systems
• Coordinating, reviewing, and approvaing office supply requisitions
• Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of office records.
• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement and leases.
• Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
• Office related invoice processing
• Conference room schedule coordination
• Keeps executive management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
• Management of all office vendor relationships/purchases/repairs: fax/copy machine, phone system, cleaning service, etc. Ensure cost effectiveness of the same. Research services and propose cost effective solutions as needed.
• Security procedure (daily office open and close, alarm system, oversee office key card and parking pass distribution)
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Manages office safety program – emergency procedures, muster stations, etc. and coordiantion with landlord.
• 4-5 years of office management or senior level administrative services experience preferred.
• Proven abilities around
• supply management and inventory control
• organizational skills
• tracking budget expenses
• developing standards
• promoting process improvement
• reporting skills
• attention to detail
• Must be highly profient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent customer service skills and attitude
• Professinal phone manner
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Secretary, Clerical, Engineer, Technology, Administrative, Engineering