BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Laboratory Technologist in Sparks, Maryland
Job Description SummaryPrepare reagents and solutions in accordance with production schedule following GMP and department procedure. Complete all required documentation neatly, accurately, and in accordance with FDA, GMP, and ISO. Maintain lab supplies and equipment to support production. Perform calculations and prepare solutions for use in the manufacture of complex panel formats. Handle materials per GMP, MSDS, and safety regulations. Effectively work in a team setting supporting team and business goals and objectives. Must be able to handle volumes in excess of 10 liters and lift up to 25 pounds. Must be able to work overtime when necessary to meet business requirements. Responsible for own work and accountable for decisions made. Responsible for follow through on responsibilities assigned. Able to function under minimal supervision. Able to successfully complete other tasks as assigned.
- Able to function effectively in dynamic work environment.
- Good manual dexterity for handling of small quantities and powders.
- Ability to perform basic calculations to determine concentrations and dilutions.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment such as balances, pipettes, spectrophotometers and pH meters.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and the ability to learn and function competently within SAP software environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or related discipline with 1 year manufacturing/laboratory experience, or AA degree in Life Science with 3-5 years manufacturing/laboratory experience.
Primary Work LocationUSA MD - Baltimore
Work Shift2nd Shift 3pm-1130pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status