Continental Corporation Wind-up Operator in Winchester, Virginia
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230.000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 46,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech also offers functional and design-oriented living solutions and is always searching for customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly answers – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately €5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
Auto req ID 90376BR
Job Title Wind-up Operator
Country United States
Posting Location Winchester, VA
Responsible for set up of the unwind area of the production line in and to keep the production line supplied with material to ensure scheduled production expectations are met. This position is for night shift and must be able to work daylight and work overtime.
• Responsible for operation of wind-up
• Prepare and stage material as needed
• Assist on other areas of the line as directed
• Help to start the line including standing, climbing or stooping to rethread line material
• Operation of computer system as needed for position
• Ability to read tape measurement
• Responsible for completing certified OSHA forklift training and safely operating forklifts
• Must be willing to work nights
• Must be able to communicate effectively with coworkers while maintaining a professional attitude
• Must be able to effectively multi task
• Must be able to work in a team environment and independently on tasks as needed by production
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
• Expected to keep work area organized and orderly and make sure that production part, tools, test equipment and documentation are properly stored and maintained
• Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
• 1 year of manufacturing experience preferred
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.